Monday, July 2, 2012

Hershey

I just took in a sweet pit/basset mix named Hershey! She came to my home with a limp, and a whole lot of extra weight on her. She weighs 65 pounds at eight years old, when she used to weigh 50 pounds at 3 years of age...someone needs to go on a diet! Thankfully, this picture is very flattering...but I will be outlining her care because of her problems that are all too common: hip dysplasia and arthritis.

Using holistic methods whenever possible, I would like to share Hershey's progress. Her limp is gone, and we are now beginning a swim therapy program (I can take her for free...what great timing!), and she lost a pound within the first week of me having her. We have her on a grain free FROMM diet, and are supplementing her glucosamine with a fish oil supplement and an additional joint supplement. Instead of spoiling her with food like her previous family, my family and I are spoiling her with lots of belly rubs and heath supporting care!

No comments:

Post a Comment