Saturday, August 18, 2012

59 pounds on Hershey's Birthday!

August 17th is Hershey's 8th birthday! I decided to make her birthday miserable and take her swimming (she was probably thinking "wow lets do my least favorite activity on my birthday!), and I took her to Petco to buy her a birthday dinner and to weigh her at the neighboring vet clinic to weigh her. She lost TWO pounds in two weeks...holy cow!

Her food was cut by another 1/4 per meal two weeks ago since she went two weeks without losing any weight, but I figured on her birthday I would treat her to something nice. I got her a little 6oz can of natural balance limited ingredient dog food, and I gave her most of it for her birthday dinner, and I got her some "Happy Hips" chicken breast treats (http://www.petco.com/product/109501/Dogswell-Happy-Hips-Dog-Treats.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch). They have "no added hormones, no antibiotics, no fillers, AND no byproducts." Sounds good to me! Since they have some added glucosamine and chondroitin, I was sure that this would be a good birthday present for Hershey. Remember: its ok to splurge a little bit on your birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment